At Home Spa Day - DIY for the Ladies
After the festive period your bank accounts might be looking slightly damaged and your social calendar feeling overdone. Now would be the perfect time to save your money and unwind in the comfort of your own home. Setting up your own at home spa is easy, just find a comfortable area of your house, and declutter it to make the space relaxing and cosy.
The best way to create that ‘zen’ atmosphere is to dim the lighting, play a relaxing playlist and make sure you have no interruptions, including your phone! Finally slip into something comfortable and grab your supplies. Creating your own spa-worthy products can be both fun and cheap. Here are some simple DIY recipes.
Mix all the ingredients, apply to clean skin with your fingers and leave for 20 minutes.
For dull skin, you will need:
- 1 tsp honey – for its antioxidants
- 1 tsp coconut oil – to hydrate the skin
- ¼ ripe avocado – for improving overall skin health
- 2 drops of lavender oil -to soothe redness
This mask will moisturize and calm the skin as well as deeply hydrate it to give you that beautiful glow from within. The scent of this mask will also help to relax you.
For sensitive Skin, you will need:
- 1 tbsp yoghurt – for a soothing base and probiotics
- 1 tsp honey – to help maintain the skin’s natural acid layer
- 1 tsp cocoa powder – contains flavanol and calms any irritation
If you have sensitive skin, then it’s likely you are prone to having redness in your complexion. The combination of these three products will help to balance the appearance of your skin and reduce inflammation.
Combine all the ingredients, apply after shampooing, leave for 20 minutes and rinse.
For hair that doesn’t grow, you will need:
- 4 tbsp coconut oil – to moisturise and repair dry hair
- 2 tbsp cinnamon – to stimulate blood flow and reduce hair loss
When applied to the scalp this mask will stimulate the hair follicles and encourage growth along with adding moisture and increasing shine.
For an irritated scalp, you will need:
- 1 cup green tea – for its antioxidants and nutrients
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar – to smoothen and detangle
- 2 drops peppermint oil – for its anti-inflammatory properties
Thanks to the powerful properties in this mask your scalp will feel rejuvenated, and any irritation will be soothed and rebalanced.
Along with your DIY hair and face masks, your spa day can include meditation, to soothe your mind as well as your body. At Casa Spa we believe that relaxation and pampering should not come at a huge cost. With our special package options, you may visit us as often as you like, to feel balanced and relaxed all the time. Casa Spa promise that the rates offered on our website are the lowest available anywhere online, guaranteed. In the unlikely event that you do find a better rate elsewhere, we promise to match it and upgrade your treatment. Please call 0207 724 2030 and we will be more than happy to help.